Qualification of Board Members
Each member of the Board at the time of his appointment must be:
- A citizen and resident of the Philippines;
- At least thirty-one years of age, and of good moral character;
- A registered electronics and communications engineer under this Act:
- Actually in active practice of the electronics and communications engineering occupation for at least ten years, in the government service or in private;
- Not a member of the faculty of any school, institute, college, or university where a regular course in electronics, communications or radio is taught, or if he has been such a faculty member, he has stopped teaching therein for at least three consecutive years immediately preceding his appointment; and
- Not financially interested directly or indirectly, in any school, institute, college, or university where a regular course in electronics and/or communications engineering is taught.
Republic Act No. 9292
An Act Providing for a More Responsive and Comprehensive Regulation for the Registration, Licensing and Practice of Professional Electronics Engineers, Electronics Engineers and Electronics Technicians, Repealing Republic Act No. 5734, Otherwise Known as "The Electronics and Communications Engineering Act of the Philippines", and for Other Purposes
Institute of Electronics Engineers of the Philippines, Inc. (IECEP)
Suite 712 Cityland Shaw Tower
Shaw Boulevard, cor. St. Francis St.
Tel. No: 687-7187
New Accreditation: Res. No. 05 dated Feb. 20, 2009